This first month we will become acquainted with one another by learning names, becoming familiar with our new classroom and most of all, by building new friendships.
We will be helping your children to be comfortable with their surroundings, and familiar with the helpful rules of the school and classroom.
Our focus for September will be school, self and family. This topic will help your children learn more about their similarities and differences that make them who they are as individuals. We will have discussions about what makes a family, who is in our family and how families work together and support each other.
Please bring a 4X6 individual and family photo. These photographs will be displayed in our classroom on a class tree for the kids to look at the entire school year and will be returned in May.
A few things to remember:
- Readiness will enter through the main gate.
- Always sign your child in and out daily.
- Encourage your child’s independence by having him/ her put away lunch box and school bag daily.
- Provide a small, healthy snack in a labeled zip lock bag or reusable container with his/her name on it. Have your child drop this into the snack tub each morning.
- If you are picking your child up at 11:30, pick up will be on the 5th street playground. If you are picking your child up after 11:30 pickup will be through the main gate on the big playground.
We hope we can make this transition as easy as possible. We are sure there will be a few tears. You can help by making your good-byes short and assure your child that you will be back soon.
We are all looking forward to a great year and getting to know you and your child(ren).
Smiles and Hugs,
The Readiness Team:
Lauren Tibbetts, Selena Humphrey and Linda Rocha
Contact the Readiness Teachers via our Contact Page.